Flex3 SDK doesn't like 64Bit Java

Monday, March 7. 2011

I stumbled over this when I I had to fix a little something on an older project Flex3 and a certain part needed to get compiled by mxmlc.exe. But it wouldn't, all the path names etc. looked just fine but mxmlc wouldn't even start.  All I got was a message in the command line interface like:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: flex2/tools/Compiler (Unsupported major.minor version  48.0)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)

And why flex2? Google didn't help much, I found a thread in the Adobe Knowledge base with a matching description but no useful answer, the OP got the advice to edit the build.xml file but it didn't solve his problem and looking at mine it looked just fine.

It took me ages of search until I found someone mention  64 Bit difficulties: and yes, move the sdk and projekt files to a 32 bit environment in a vm and it compiles nicely.

What is it with adobe and 64 bit: no flash debug player on linux, no air runtime on linux and the mxmlc dompiler doesn't even run on 64 bit Windows.  

Android kann IPv6, adb aber nicht

Thursday, March 3. 2011

I started to work on a little thing for Android and whenever I run it from eclipse the console messages:  "Warning: No DNS servers found". Google yields the advice to double check /etc/resolv.conf which looks all valid, works (and hasn't been changed for some time). But since I'm moving towards an "IPv6 first" - setup in my Lan resolv.conf has only IPv6-reachable entries. Which apparently works fine with allmost everything except the android development tools. I reintroduced an IPv4 entry and the messages were gone.  So while Android itself does IPv6 nicely, the devel tools (i.e. adb) do not.



Continue reading "Android kann IPv6, adb aber nicht "

(Page 1 of 1, totaling 2 entries)